Thanksgiving is just around the corner. For many, this means gathering with loved ones and indulging in an Instagrammable feast with a heart full of gratitude. If you’re hosting and cooking, starting with a clean and well-prepped kitchen is a non-negotiable. Follow this step-by-step kitchen cleaning guide to guarantee your Thanksgiving celebration goes off without a hitch.
Deep Clean the Refrigerator
Make space for storing perishable ingredients for your Thanksgiving menu and leftovers. Here’s a quick guide on how to deep clean your fridge.
- Remove all items from your refrigerator, check expiration dates, and discard anything past its prime.
- Wipe down shelves and drawers with water and vinegar to eliminate lingering odors.
- Consider placing an open box of baking soda inside to absorb any future smells.
Inspect and Deep Clean Kitchen Appliances
Your oven, stove, and microwave will work overtime on Thanksgiving day. Give them a thorough cleaning to ensure optimal performance. Remove any baked-on spills, grease, and crumbs using eco-friendly cleaners like water mixed with vinegar or baking soda. For more deep cleaning tips, read How to Clean Your Oven with Minimum Effort.
Organize the Pantry
A well-organized pantry is a crucial component of any holiday prep. By following these strategies, you’ll be confident that you have everything you need and won’t risk a last-minute run to the grocery amid the chaos of the Thanksgiving holidays.
- Do an inventory of everything you have in stock, declutter and dispose of anything expired or no longer needed.
- Make a list of missing or damaged items, and purchase replacements if necessary. Having all your tools in good condition will make cooking more enjoyable.
- Aside from cooking and baking ingredients, don’t forget to stock up on kitchen supplies, including baking sheets, pans, and utensils.
- Group similar items together, for example, all seasonings or spices held in one tray, making it easier to locate ingredients when you’re rushing.
- Label everything if possible so anyone can find stuff they need independently.
Sanitize Countertops and Surfaces
Clean countertops, cutting boards, and food preparation surfaces. A mixture of water and mild dish soap works well for general cleaning. Kill germs and bacteria using a eco-friendly home cleaning solution made of water and bleach or a kitchen-safe disinfectant.
Test, Clean, and Organize Kitchen Gadgets
If you plan to use specialty kitchen gadgets for your Thanksgiving feast, now is the time to make sure they’re in tip-top shape. Ensure your food processor, blender, and other devices are washed clean and working. Organize them in an easily accessible manner for efficient meal preparation. On the other hand, remove unnecessary small kitchen appliances and store them in the pantry temporarily to free up more countertop space and make it easier to maneuver between cooking tasks.
Prepare for the Aftermath
- Ensure you have an ample supply of storage containers for leftovers. Having a plan for storing and reheating food will help you make the most of your Thanksgiving feast in the days that follow.
- Have enough garbage bags, kitchen towels, or disinfecting wipes for effortless clean-ups of spills and messes.
No Time To Clean? Leave it to SuperCleaning!
With a clean and well-prepared kitchen, you’re ready to tackle Thanksgiving confidently. By following this comprehensive guide, you’ll set the stage for a seamless and enjoyable cooking experience. Too stressed to scrub and clean? Leave the kitchen cleaning to us. Book a deep cleaning, and we’ll send our best maids in Louisville to do the job for you.
Now, all that’s left to do is enjoy the feast and the company of your loved ones. Happy Thanksgiving!