Although it’s one of the most daunting of all home cleaning chores, cleaning your oven is super important, especially if you love using it to prepare delicious meals for your friends and family. It can accumulate grease and aromas, which can get stuck and get old and later on can influence and affect the taste and quality of your dishes.
There are many ways to meticulously deep clean your oven. But if you’re busy or pressed for time, our house cleaning experts share these quick and easy cleaning tips to keep your it immaculate, smelling fresh, and worthy of your next culinary masterpiece.
Use the Self-Clean Function
Modern kitchen ovens now come with a convenient self-clean function. When you press this button, your oven locks up and heats up, melting the grease and grime inside. Next, remove the racks and grills, which you should wash separately. The self-clean cycle process can take two to four hours. Once it’s done, you’ll see ashes at the bottom, which you still have to clean manually after it cools down.
We only recommend using the self-clean cycle if your oven is not excessively dirty. If it’s been months since you last cleaned it, you’re probably better off cleaning it yourself. If it is filled with caked-on splatters and grease, there’s a huge possibility of it smoking up and causing a fire when the temperature climbs.
Natural Oven Cleaners: Baking Soda, Vinegar, and Water
If you want to use commercially available oven cleaners, that’s fine. But sometimes, these products contain harsh chemical ingredients that can be caustic, which can be an issue if you’re quite sensitive to those things.
Making your own natural cleaning solution won’t only be safer, but it’s also a more cost-effective and sustainable strategy. Our house cleaning experts always swear by the impressive cleaning prowess of baking soda, water, and vinegar. In addition, you can create a cleaning paste and spray-on solution, which are incredibly effective when cleaning with significant grease and grime buildup.
How To Clean Your Oven Fast Naturally
Follow these quick and easy steps to clean your oven without breaking a sweat.
- Coat the interior with baking soda cleaning paste using an old toothbrush or sponge. Make sure you cover every nook and cranny, including the glass door. Apply more paste on areas that have more gunk. The white paste may turn murky brown as you move along, and that’s totally normal. Let the natural cleaning solution sit and cure overnight to let it work its magic.
- Remove the racks and the grills. Wash them separately. They are usually dishwasher-safe, so if you have one, don’t hesitate to use it and make your life easier. Nevertheless, stubborn burnt-on stains should still be pre-treated and scrubbed with hands.
- The next day, spray the insides with a vinegar and water solution. The vinegar and baking soda will fizz and foam when they come in contact, and that’s fine.
- Wipe using a damp cleaning rag. Spray with vinegar as you go along to keep your rag moist. Don’t miss any spot, making sure no baking soda residue is left. The vinegar also neutralizes the food odors naturally.
- Next, do another round of wiping using a clean, dry cloth. Put the grills and racks back in the oven too. And voila! Your oven smells fresh, sparkling, and ready for roasting or baking once more.
How Often Should You Clean Your Oven?
Ideally, it would be best to deep clean your oven at least once every three months. However, if you use it more frequently, you may need to clean it more often too. You can tell if your oven already needs cleaning if:
- It’s dirty, food residues are building up at the bottom or on the oven door.
- There’s a weird or funky smell every time, you turn it on.
- Smoke comes out every time, it means a crust or gunk buildup is catching fire inside.
Want to Deep Clean Your Oven? We Can Do It for You!
Let’s be honest. Life can be overwhelming sometimes that you no longer find the energy, not to mention motivation, to clean your home to a T.
So, we’re here to help! We offer top-notch kitchen cleaning as part of our standard residential cleaning services and deep-cleaning your oven as an add-on service for a reasonable fee. We have highly qualified house cleaners who are well-trained, insured, bonded, and background checked to guarantee our excellent service and your peace of mind.
Come home to a professionally cleaned kitchen worthy of your hearty homemade cooking. Book a home cleaning service in Louisville today!