Do you sometimes wonder how other people do it? How do they manage to keep their homes nice and tidy even when they’re leading what seems to be a super busy lifestyle when you’re already struggling with a mountain of work in the office and laundry waiting for you at home come mid-week?
First of all, stop comparing and set yourself free from these unrealistic expectations. They’re not healthy. For all you know, they could have a regular local house cleaning service booked to keep their space Pinterest or Instagram-worthy at all times. A brilliant strategy, if you’ll ask us!
Nevertheless, you can also use expert cleaning tips to maintain a clean and clutter-free home despite having a hectic schedule all week.
Keep on reading to learn more!
1. Make your bed the moment you wake up.
What’s the first thing you do when you open your eyes? Try straightening up your bed first instead of reaching to your phone and scrolling on your social media newsfeed. It’s an intentional morning habit that can set the right tone for the rest of your day.
2. Have a designated area for hanging clothes you’ll wear again.
Eliminating sources of clutter is at the heart of all house cleaning tips you’ll find online. Even if you vacuum floors, you’ll find that the house still looks super messy with clothes lying around on the floor or over a chair. Have hooks or a specific area in your closet where you can rehang pants, coats, and other clothing items you’d like to wear before it gets thrown in the laundry.
3. Remove all clutter on every flat surface around your home.
Clear your coffee tables, consoles, desks, nightstands, and countertops of all eyesores. Put only the essentials and decorative pieces for effortless maintenance. It’s the quickest way to make your home look clean and organized, especially if you have guests coming over last minute.
4. Be systematic about how you do your laundry.
Laundry day will be dreadful and overwhelming for you if you don’t stay on top of it during the week. So, it helps if you have an efficient strategy to keep things running smoothly. Here are some practical tips you can try.
- Check hampers in every room and run at least one cycle daily.
- Have two baskets to separate white and colored clothes.
- Fold clothes as soon as you take them out of the dryer.
- Keep a dedicated tray and folding area in your laundry room.
5. Put everything away after use.
Like cleaning as you go, make it a habit to put away and return things in their proper place as soon as you’re done using them. For instance, sort your children’s toys into separate boxes according to theme or type. Teach them to pack up their legos first before opening their box of dolls.
6. Don’t sleep with a messy kitchen.
The kitchen may take a bit more work than other parts around the house, maybe because it’s the most used and abused every day. But it’s not impossible to maintain a clean and organized kitchen even if you have a crazy hectic schedule to keep up with.
Check out these doable kitchen cleaning tips.
- Meal prep during weekends to minimize the mess and the dirty pots you have to deal with on weekdays.
- Rinse off dirty plates and utensils and load them into the dishwasher every night.
- Keep away small kitchen appliances that you don’t use daily to free up some counter space.
- Clean up while waiting. Whether you’ve put the kettle on, brewing a pot of coffee, roasting a chicken in the oven, or slow-cooking stew, you can do something to keep your kitchen looking good. Sweep the floor, take clean dishes out of the dishwasher and into the cupboard, or wipe the grease from the stovetop, hobs, and countertops.
- Order take out during weekends once you’re done deep cleaning your kitchen or when things get chaotic at work, and you’ve got no more time to cook and clean up.
7. Take your shoes off and don’t bring them inside.
Outdoor shoes are filthy. You’ve walked with them on the streets, subway, and even in public restrooms! Just imagine the amount of dirt and disease-causing germs you’re probably bringing with you at home when you take them inside with you. Leaving your shoes by the door or in the entryway reduces the dust and debris that you need to vacuum. It also lowers the chances of having to spot clean muddy footprints on your rugs or carpets. In addition, you can set up a shoe rack or cabinet in your entryway to store your shoes neatly.
8. Soak your toilet with a cleaning solution before going to bed.
Here’s a little bathroom cleaning tip you can do with your eyes closed. After brushing your teeth and performing your evening skincare, pour liquid toilet cleaner into the bowl. Leave it on overnight and flush in the morning. You can also give it a quick brushing if necessary.
9. Think about tasks that you can do for five minutes of focused cleaning.
Not waiting until the weekend comes to tackle some quick cleaning chores can make a big difference. Here are some easy house cleaning tasks that you can do if you only have five minutes on your hands.
- Fold a tray of laundry.
- Vacuum the floors.
- Fluff the pillows and cushions in the living room.
- Wipe the dust away from consoles and tables.
- Change the linens in bedrooms with fresh sheets.
- Deep clean the microwave.
- Pack away toys scattered around the house.
- Deep clean the kitchen sink.
10. Book a house cleaning service at least once a month.
There are weeks when you’ve got a lot going on, and it’s just impossible to keep up with house cleaning, whether it’s deadlines piling up at work or you or a family member getting sick. Calling a professional house cleaning service seems like an excellent solution in times like this. It’s one of the best cleaning tips that come with many benefits. For example, your chores won’t pile up, and you’ll get more time to rest and get yourself back on track. You can also consider it a once-in-a-while treat for all your hard work.
When the Going Gets Tough, Louisville’s Best Maid Services Have Got Your Back!
SuperCleaning Louisville is a professional house cleaning company with a highly skilled team of cleaners who are all insured, bonded, and background-checked. We do standard residential cleaning services, deep cleaning, and move-in cleaning. In addition, we can customize our housekeeping services to suit your specific needs.
We hope these cleaning tips can be useful for you. Enjoy your days off doing the things you love, and leave the house cleaning to us. Book a cleaning today!