You finally have a gorgeous marble countertop in your kitchen. But wait, how do you preserve its picture-perfect looks while still keeping it functional and practical with your daily cooking and entertaining needs?
Don’t fret. Marble countertops are actually pretty low-key when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. As with anything, the secret is taking a proactive instead of a reactive approach.
Check out our complete guide on how to clean marble countertops like a pro.
Do Not Use Lemon Juice or Vinegar
Lemon juice and vinegar are probably among the best natural cleaners. You can use them anywhere — except for natural stone surfaces, like quartz or marble countertops. But, because of their acidic properties, they can discolor, fade, or disintegrate the resin-bound natural stones.
The Best Cleaners for Marble Countertops
For everyday cleaning of your marble countertops, non-abrasive cleaners are the best way to go. These include:
- Dish soap and warm water
- Commercial specialty stone cleaners
- Baking soda paste
- Microfiber cloth
Cleaning Stains on Marble Surfaces
Wipe sauce spills and other messes with dish soap and warm water while they’re still fresh to prevent leaving a stain on your marble countertop. But if they’re already there and you’re looking for a solution, check out these cleaning tips below.
- Red wine – The red wine accident from one of your house parties? There’s still a remedy. Architectural Digest recommends cleaning your marble countertop using 12% hydrogen peroxide with a few drops of ammonia.
- Vinaigrette – Oil-based stains like this can go away with liquid detergent and a bit of acetone.
- Mold or mildew – Mix three parts bleach with one part water and dishwashing liquid. Mist the surface using a spray bottle and wipe with a microfiber cloth. Repeat as necessary or until stains disappear entirely.
Kitchen Cleaning? Let SuperCleaning Save the Day!
Whatever type of countertop you have in your kitchen, our top-notch cleaning can do it for you. Experience premium cleaning service with SuperCleaning Louisville. We’ve got the best professional house cleaners who are all insured, bonded, and carefully background-checked for your peace of mind.
We cater to clients across Louisville and surrounding areas and specialize in the following housekeeping and cleaning services:
- Standard residential cleaning
- Deep cleaning
- Move-in/ move-out cleaning
- Post-construction cleans
So, what are you waiting for? Make your life easier. Book a home cleaning service in Louisville today!